The investment in mobile commerce paid off quicker than any best case scenario we could have hoped for. The figures confirm that responsive design was the best decision and we plan to continue to strengthen this mobile success in 2016.”
Responsive design increases mobile sales by 200%
After 129 years of dedication and creativity, the Swiss underwear manufacturer Triumph, together with Arvato, is now showing how to stay ahead of market requirements. Since the beginning of 2015, Triumph has offered a mobile solution for all its European online shops.
Since its start in 2011, Triumph’s online business has delivered excellent results, both overall and at a national level. For this reason, following an initial launch in the German, English, and French markets, additional dedicated national shops were created for the Austrian, Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Dutch and Belgian markets.
Further expansion projects for Eastern and Southern Europe are planned for 2015, which will also be speedily and easily rolled out on the Salesforce Commerce Cloud Platform in cooperation with Arvato. In light of of this dynamic development and, to do justice to Triumph customers’ increasing demands regarding the mobile shopping experience, a decision was made to optimise the online shop for mobile use this created a solution, independent of device, based on a responsive design approach.
From development to launch, the implementation took just three months despite the added stress of running in parallel with yet another successful Christmas period. Working in close cooperation, Triumph and Arvato defined the technical requirements for the mobile solution they were implemented by means of the integrated Arvato reference application on the Salesforce Commerce Cloud Platform. The layout adjusts itself automatically to all common screen sizes. Triumph customers’ most frequently used resolutions were the main focus for optimisation and testing. For example: laptopsand landscape tablet views with 1024x, 768x for portrait tablet views and 320x for smartphones, and ensure that, independent of device, users can use the online shop in an intuitive and user-friendly way without the need for a lot of searching and zooming.
A significant increase was seen when compared to the same period last year:
+ 115% mobile traffic
+ 38% mobile conversion rate
+ 200% increase in sales on smartphones
+ 108% increase in sales on tablets
For Triumph, this means that ordering via mobile devices making up 1/3 of sales. In April 2015, the Triumph Online Shop experienced the »mobile moment«: the majority of traffic was no longer generated via desktops, but via smartphones and tablets – a development that will continue.
- Triumph is present in 35 countries with 2,100 stores as well as 9 online shops in Europe to date.
- As a result of extensive knowledge and experience regarding the female figure, Triumph develops underwear with optimal wear comfort, exceptional designs, luxurious materials, and perfect fitting.
- Since the start of the Triumph Online Shop with Arvato, the online business has seen double digit annual percentage growth rates.
- Arvato’s service portfolio for Triumph encompasses the complete full-service e-commerce package: online shop development, e-commerce operations, OMS, fulfilment & logistics, customer services as well as financial services.
Responsive design as an all-rounder – our advantages at a glance:
- A responsive design for an optimised view of the website on all devices.
- Quick reaction to all users’ future digital demands.
- A fast and efficient solution, implemented very quickly, providing provides improviding usability for mobile customers.
- Optimal return on investment.
- Low website maintenance due to optimal content management; content only needs to be entered once for all sites.