Scalable Warehouses Save Time, Resources, and Costs
Our warehouse services solutions are a core element of our supply chain and e-commerce solutions. With 85 locations in over 20 countries, our global network covers all the major logistics hotspots and provides a warehouse services capacity with a total logistics area of over 1.7 million square meters. Scalable and flexible modular design means our logistics centers can be extended as required, thus supporting your expansion plans. We consider warehouse services an integral component of our complex supply chain solutions.
We provide our customers with customized and cost-efficient single-user locations as well as multi-user warehouses. To achieve that, we develop tailored and needs-based warehousing concepts, always taking into consideration the specific product and industry requirements – for example providing temperature-controlled areas for sensitive pharmaceutical products or special security zones for high-value goods.
Whether geared towards fast-moving items or large volumes, our experts will work with material flow simulations to design and realize the optimal layout for you and analyze the most efficient commissioning method. Arvato Supply Chain Solutions thereby achieves short paths and faster processing times through batch commissioning (multi-order picking), for example. With our warehouse services, we make use of both manual and automated processes based on the latest technologies and systems, or combine both to create tailored solutions. Whether it’s bag sorting systems for large volumes, robot-supported processing of small-item orders, commissioning using pick-by-vision data glasses, driverless transport systems for autonomous goods movement, or multi-story facilities for commissioning on multiple levels – we will find the right warehouse services concept for your needs.
As a full-service provider, we can take care of all storage and logistics services for you – from the careful warehousing of your products and IT-supported order fulfillment and commissioning to punctual provision for shipment and special value added services. All processes are recorded on a globally uniform and scalable IT system based on SAP technology. In this way, you get maximum transparency about warehouse services, all orders, transport and inventory and can, with us as your reliable partner, flexibly develop on both the national and the international level.
- Single- and multi-user solutions
- Concept development based on material flow simulations
- Modern intralogistics solutions tailored to customer needs
- Serial-number and batch administration
- Peak management for high-volume campaigns and special offers
- Cross-docking and bulking
- Returns management and processing
- Market-specific solutions for special industries
- Warehouse services solutions for direct-to-retail, direct-to-store, direct-to-consumer, direct-to-pharmacy/hospital
- Certified security solutions for high-value products (TAPA) or temperature-sensitive products (temperature zones: 2–8 degrees, 15–25 degrees, -20 degrees, -70 degrees Celsius)
- Integration of postponement and value added services
- Warehouse and handling services for hazardous materials
- Own license to provide IATA in-house training on the transportation of hazardous materials by air
Warehouse Automation Technology
- Semi, fully or highly automated warehouse services solutions
- Flexible, modern materials handling systems
- Shuttle systems and other goods-to-person solutions
- Robot-supported storage & commissioning systems
- Pick-by-vision, pick-by-light, and pick-by-voice commissioning technologies
- Driverless transport systems
- Automated goods receipt clearance
- Bag sorting systems for hanging and folded goods
- 1.7 million square meters of storage and logistics area worldwide
- Processing 100 million shipments annually
- High flexibility and scalability for volume fluctuations
- Competitive commissioning, storage, and transport costs thanks to short processing times
- Transparency and consistency of data with global ERP system
- Multi-channel logistics and integration of omnichannel processes (click & collect, return in store)