Sound Reporting and Data Analytics for Responsive Supply Chains
Companies have more information available to them than ever before. According to IDC, the amount of data produced worldwide increases by 30 percent each year. By 2025 there will be 160 zettabytes of data due to the rise of integrated systems, networked devices and the internet of things.v 60 percent of these data will be managed by companies.v Classifying this enormous amount of usable information correctly and generating implementable, value-creating insights from it holds enormous potential. At the same time, the amount of data and the large number of resulting possibilities pose a challenge for many companies.
Our solutions in the area of reporting and data analytics are based on cutting-edge technologies. Traditionally, the point of sale (POS) is the most important area for collecting customer data. As an end-to-end provider, Arvato can also gather data on the whole supply chain – from warehouse processes to payments to reverse logistics. Information can be centrally compiled, visualized and combined with external data sets through standardized and interconnected IT solutions, which enables you to get a comprehensive overview of data and thereby in-depth analysis of your business processes.
By using data analytics, we at Arvato Supply Chain Solutions develop precise forecasting models and create accurate demand forecasts, for instance. We thereby support you in continually improving your processes. Specifically, the use of modern data analysis tools makes it possible, for example, to optimize inventory, prevent bottlenecks, lower the number of returns or map better peak management e.g. on Black Friday. Analytics can help us better understand purchasers’ behavior and preferences, and in doing so help our customers to offer personalized, customer-oriented offers and services. These include product recommendations specially tailored to each end-customer and offers or loyalty programs that are effective and relevant and contribute to greater customer loyalty.
IDC, ‘Data Age 2025: The Evolution of Data to Life-Critical; Don’t Focus on Big Data; Focus on the Data That’s Big.’ More information. Accessed November 2018.
Data collection and real-time information
- Reporting tools can collect data from many access points in the entire supply chain and display information in real time.
- Companies area able to plan in advance and optimize resources through accurate forecasting of orders or number of returns e.g. for more efficient peak management.
- By integrating internal and external data sets, Arvato can create high-performance forecasting models that enable demand forecasting and clarify which factors are critical for customer behavior.
Personalization and loyalty
- Arvato can develop personalized customer experiences as well as effective and functional customer loyalty programs by using in-depth customer insights.
- Collecting, saving and processing data along the entire supply chain
- Precise demand forecasts e.g. for more efficient return management or better staff planning
- Developing effective loyalty programs based on collected data and ensuring more customer loyalty