Best Practice Microsoft
Arvato has developed a global e-commerce platform for long-time customer Microsoft, including an e-reader app via which interactive e-book versions of Microsoft’s course materials are made available. The use of digital content is positively exploding:
In just three years, Microsoft’s courseware business transformed from 100% print business into an exemplary digital business with 65% digital usage worldwide.
Just a few years ago, the business was based on physical processes. Materials were printed and delivered. Arvato Supply Chain Solutions then developed a state-of-the-art e-commerce platform. Content has been digitized and converted into eBooks with ePub3 format for an optimized reading experience on any device. Robust digital rights management protects against copyright infringement. Integrated services along the order-to-cash cycle ensure smooth processes - from order processing through payment to risk management and customer service.
The result of the change: Significant cost savings and increasing customer satisfaction.
Digital Textbook Delivery with Skillpipe®
- Continuous publishing model with our Fresh Editions™ automatic content updates
- Access content both online and offline across any device
- Supports bring-your-own-device (BYOD)
- Auto-syncs Notes and Highlights changes
- Social watermarking DRM which links an eBook to a student
- Collaborative learning beyond the classroom: Social sharing enables instructors and students to share their Notes and Highlights for the lifetime of the eBook
Global E-Commerce Shop
- Custom-branded E-Commerce shop for all of your training products
- Create product bundles, discounts and promotions to increase sales and create unique global campaigns
- Flexible permissions and rights management which ensure that customers will see the right products and prices
- Create customized courses by mixing modules from different courses
Warehousing and Distribution
- Integration with three manufacturing hubs in North America, Germany and Singapore that offer print-on-demand (POD), offset printing, and inventory management
- Print orders are produced and shipped within 48 hours
- Distribution management of materials into more than 178 countries
- Automated system checks validate global trade compliance for each order
- Content conversion from various file formats into ePub3 eBooks
- Optimized reading experience on any device
- Robust DRM to protect content against piracy
- Interactive and immersive learning experience
- PCI-DSS compliant payment gateway
- Global A/R management and worldwide payment in 23 currencies
- Credit card reconciliation and chargeback processes through integration with international payment service providers (PSPs)
- An effective credit card risk management in collaboration with our partners reduces fraud and chargeback rates
- Regional service support in six different languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, and Brazilian Portuguese.
- Specialized agent teams drive sales and retention through personal customer relationship management